Compliments, Complaints & Appeals
Bridge Housing is committed to the high standards of customer service set out in our Customer Service brochure.
We welcome your compliments and any positive feedback you have about our service and people.
However if, as a tenant or applicant, you are unhappy with some aspect of your dealings with Bridge Housing you can make a compliant or appeal a decision made by us.
- Give a compliment
- Report an issue about a neighbour
- Report an issue about your property
- Make a complaint about the quality of a service or a staff member
- Appeal a decision
- Need more information
- Other organisations that can can help
If you would like to compliment Bridge Housing on any aspect of our service, we welcome your feedback. Positive feedback on our services helps us to ensure we are on the right track and to recognise staff who provide excellent customer service.
All Housing team members can log your compliment details in our secure Complispace system.
Issues such as problems with your neighbours should be reported directly to the Housing team on 8324 0885.
All Housing team members can log your complaint details in our Complispace system. The matter and a response will be dealt with confidentially by a member of the Management team.
You can make a complaint about the quality of a Bridge Housing service or staff member.
- If you feel comfortable doing so, it is best to begin by talking to the person who is directly responsible for your issue. If you are not happy with their response you can then make a formal complaint.
- Complaints can be made in writing, in person or by phone.
- You can download a Compliments, Compaints & Appeals feedback form or ring Reception to get one on 02 8324 0800
- You can also raise a complaint by calling Reception, who will forward it to a Team Leader (not to the person about whom you are complaining).
- We must acknowledge receipt of your complaint within 2 days and let you know how we will respond within 21 days.
- We are happy to discuss what other options you have if you are not satisfied with our response.
Download our Compliments, Complaints & Appeals feedback form.
As a tenant, you can appeal decisions made by Bridge Housing in relation to your tenancy. You can do this by:
- Downloading our Compliments, Complaints & Appeals feedback form, completing it and mailing it to Bridge Housing, PO BOX 1835 Strawberry Hills NSW 2012
- Emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or
- Requesting an interview and speaking to us in person. You can bring a friend or advocate for help or support. We can arrange an interpreter for you if required.
The appeals process
Appealing a decision is a two-stage process:
- Stage 1: You will receive a letter or email confirming receipt of your appeal within 2 days. A manager will be assigned to review your matter. The person who made the original decision will not manage the appeal. The manager will consider your appeal within 21 days of receiving your letter. You will be advised in writing of our decision.
- Stage 2: An appeal to the free, independent Housing Appeals Committee (HAC) if you are still not happy after Stage 1. To do this you must complete the HAC Second Level Appeal Form.
The HAC will assemble all the information they need, including your tenancy file, to consider your appeal and will conduct an informal interview or “hearing” with you.
The HAC exists to support tenants and housing applicants to ensure that housing providers apply their policies in fairly and consistently. You can request an interpreter or Aboriginal Committee member or bring a support person to the hearing.
For more information on making a complaint please contact the Housing team on 02 8324 0885.
For more information on appeals please contact:
- Housing Appeals Committee 1800 629 794
- Department of Fair Trading 13 32 20
- Tenants Advice and Advocacy Service 1800 251 101
For more information on non-appealable decisions contact: