Private Rental Support
Housing NSW operates Rentstart, a scheme providing financial assistance to help eligible clients set up or maintain a tenancy in the private rental market.
Loans can be up to 75% of your rental bond, are interest free and repayable to Housing NSW.
Rentstart assistance can include:
- Rentstart Bond Loan - an interest-free loan to help clients start a private rental tenancy
- Advance Rent: extra financial support for people in crisis to establish a private rental tenancy
- Rentstart Move - help for tenants who need to move if they become ineligible for public housing
- Tenancy Assistance - short-term financial support for clients in rental arrears facing eviction
- Temporary Accommodation - short-term support for clients facing homelessness.