Tenants in Operations & Planning
Bridge Housing is working closely with tenants through the Tenants in Operations and Planning (TOP) initiative to ensure they have a real say in the way we do things.
Tenant participation has been a strong focus of Bridge Housing over the last half decade, including through the Tenant Advisory Group and by ensuring tenants can make a contribution.
As an organisation committed to working with tenants, their families and household members, we ensure that all tenants - irrespective of race, sexuality, ethnicity, ability, gender, age or education - feel they can contribute. We aim to give people real choices and a real say to ensure we are an accountable, responsible and responsive community housing provider.
The initiative aims to get tenants involved in Operations and Planning through:
- Tenant Advisory Group
- Time to Talk workshops
- Our Place tenant newsletter
- Tenant Surveys
- Your Views panel
- Strengthening ties with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander tenants
- A new group for Vietnamese tenants
- Involving tenants in the development of interview questions for new staff
- Leadership training & skills development opportunities for TAG members
- Involving tenants in Bridge Housing’s strategic and business planning processes
- Enabling tenants to attend housing conferences and training.
Bridge Housing surveys tenants every two years on key issues that affect their tenancy, support services, communications and overall relationship with us.
The Tenant Survey is your chance to tell us exactly what you think about the services we provide and help us to improve them. You can also tell us what you like about Bridge Housing.
The survey is generally sent out to all tenants in January. You can fill it out on paper, online or using your smartphone.
The Survey questions and format are developed and responses are collated by the NSW Federation of Housing Associations so that the performance of individual housing providers can be benchmarked against industry standards.
The Your Views e-Panel is calling for new members. Your Views is a diverse group of tenants who have input into the way we communicate with tenants.
While not a formal decision-making body, Your Views members provide input and comments on a range of letters, forms and factsheets that we provide to tenants every year.
Becoming a Your Views panel member can help you:
- Better understand how Bridge Housing operates and communicates
- Participate in the way we do business with tenants
- Champion open and accessible communication
- Be an active part of your community.
Bridge Housing residents of all ages, backgrounds and walks of life are encouraged to get involved.
- If you're under 18 years of age you'll need your parent's or guardian's permission to join.
- Members must have an email address.
- You can leave the panel at any time by sending us an email.
To join or learn more call the Community Team on 02 8324 0885 or email email@example.com
You can read the Your Views factsheet here.
Bridge Housing believes that tenants should be at the core of our service delivery and that we should actively seek their input into the way we do business.
To support this engagement, Bridge Housing now offers opportunities for tenants to attend relevant housing conferences or seminars in Sydney. As opportunities come up we will advertise them here on this web page, at tenant meetings, and in the Newsletter if time permits.
Please download our TOP Fact Sheet.