Vietnamese Tenant Group
The Vietnamese Tenant Group was established by Vietnamese tenants in November 2016 with support from Bridge Housing. There are currently 25 members and the Group meets quarterly. This initiative is part of Building Bridges and seeks to engage Bride Housing tenants from culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) backgrounds.
The Group aims to:
- Connect Vietnamese tenants to other Bridge Housing tenant groups and community.
- Create opportunities for Vietnamese tenants to have their say, provide their feedback and contribute initiatives to enhance Bridge Housing services.
- Provide support to Vietnamese tenants to maintain tenancy best practices.
- Promote and help Vietnaemese tenants participate in Bridge Housing tenant engagement programs, events and activities.
- Support Vietnamese tenants to share Vietnamese culture with other tenant groups and their local community.
The group has delivered successful projects and activities including:
A Big Ideas Grant to organise a successful Vietnamese New Year for tenants at Rowley Street, Eveleigh.
Helping to organise and participating in the Time To Talk event and contributing beautiful dances representing both the North and South Vietnam cultures.
Participation in a Tenant Advisory Group liaison meeting to contribute their ideas and get updates from Bridge Housing.
Members are interested in applying for another Big Ideas Grant to organise a Family Day for Vietnamese tenants and their family members in October 2017.
For information on how to join contact: Ha Nguyen on 8324 0851 or email email@example.com